BioSan leverages UVC technology which sanitizes and kills up to 99.9% of harmful viruses and bacteria, ensuring that clients always feel safe when using contact-based fingerprint readers.
Novel UVC Biometric Sanitizer
Kills up to 99.9% of harmful viruses and bacteria
Enables the safe use of fingerprint devices
Designed to fit most 4-4-2 fingerprint devices
Patent Pending No: 29/758 401
BioSan is a new, one-of-a-kind, UVC Biometric Sanitizer device that snugly retrofits 4-4-2 slap readers, as well as other biometric devices, which are available in the market. The COVID-19 pandemic prompted the invention of BioSan due to user demand for a solution that kills up to 99.9% of bacteria and viruses on the platen surface and surrounding areas.
The solution incorporates UVC light at the correct dosage levels over the fingerprint device to kill almost all harmful bacteria and viruses that may be left behind after a user has applied their fingers to the readers platen. It has automated sanitizing capabilities, so you never have to worry whether the touched surfaces have been disinfected. It eliminates all human sanitizing intervention, offering users peace of mind and confidence that their applied fingers will not be contaminated once they touch the biometric fingerprint device.
W x L = 3” x 3”
W x L x H = 186mm x 201mm x 246mm
• BIOSAN UV uses deep UV light generated by solid state devices (LEDs) with peak wavelength λp = 275nm.
• Incorporates advanced UVC technology to kill up to 99.9% of harmful bacteria and viruses. University Tested.*
• Integrates into different SDKs.
• It is connected to a host (usually a PC, tablet or smartphone) with a USB3.0 interface
• It receives the power needed via its own wall cable
• A security system, based on proximity sensors, avoids or stops the sanitization process if the area to be
sanitized is occupied by fingers of palm.
• The activation time and LED power are settable by software on which the sanitization time depends.
• LEDs are oriented in such a way as to cover the entire acquisition surface.
• BIOSAN UV integrates a USB3.0 hub to which the biometric scanner is connected.
• BIOSAN UV has a versatile structure that allows the housing of scanners with different heights.
* Certification from the University of Sienna will be provided with the delivery of units.
BIOSAN Novel UVC B442G Biometric Sanitizer. All rights reserved. This information and the specifications are not binding and can be modified without prior consent. © 2021